Judging the judges (STC pubs/art/video competitions)

Subject: Judging the judges (STC pubs/art/video competitions)
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 15:58:02 MST

Here's another thin{g,k} about judges' remarks that hasn't come up
yet. The winners of the STC final competitions go on tour each year.
I ordered a set for our chapter to look over, and the most frequent
comment I heard was, "I wonder what particularly made this manual
(or magazine, or book) a winner?"

Indeed. Has anyone else looked through the collection and wondered
the same thing? What are the noteworthy aspects of each prizewinner,
that we might learn from them?

If you think it would be worthwhile for STC to append judges' remarks
to all the winners, especially to point out their strong points,
perhaps you might drop a line to your regional director-sponsor or
STC HQ. (No need to use up further bandwidth here.)

Cheers,

Ken d'Albenas
Past President, STC Alberta Chapter
(-::
Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
Flames to: kendal@/dev/not

People who grumble, "I have better things
to do with my time," rarely do.
- Anonymous