Thanks! OS term needed | Forum use

Subject: Thanks! OS term needed | Forum use
From: Gotlieb Carl R1478C <r1478c -at- TEMPECCPB -dot- SPS -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 10:13:55 MST

Thanks to all who responded to my query.

Result:
I took your suggestions and ran them by my client, who said he'd like me to
go with "environment" but wouldn't object to "interface," either. Both are
generic and bland enough not to be argued over.

Conclusion:
This forum IS useful for "lite" items like this (even though I believe this
particular thread pointed out a non-trivial "communication gap" in our
computer terminology). My own feeling is that most of the information on this
list (and on most others) are of the nature that if you cannot use the
information proffered RIGHT NOW, then it goes in your left brain, gets a
moment of consideration, and then flits out your right brain, as ephemeral as
watching fireflies. Nobody WANTS to absorb all the information given. But
that is the nature of E-mail. If something IS substantive to you, like this
was to me, then great! -- print it out and tack it on your wall.

If you've got the time to indulge in some heavier topics, that's fine, too.
I usually don't, but would be interested in reading them from others who do.

Thanks. I'll stand down now.
Carl Gotlieb