Re: Depth of Focus

Subject: Re: Depth of Focus
From: Justine Correa <justine -at- ELECTRICITI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 14:58:17 PST

> It may just be that we already have a medium for discussing complex topics
> and the net/Email provides us with the opportunity for micro discussions
such as we
> are seeing.
> What do YOU think?

I disagree Steve. Try expanding your horizons with a news group or list on
a topic you know nothing about. You can learn A LOT -- there are some
profound discussions going on out there. Of course, there are also some
amazingly stupid ones, but just keep movin' and talkin' and you'll find
good stuff.

|} If we want employers and clients to recognize
|} that we have communication skills to offer, then we need to talk about
|} issues associated with communication.

And I disagree again. (I'm just in that sort of mood.) I don't think
employers lurking this list will learn anything they don't already know
about their employees. An intelligent statement is respected whether it's
about communicating, or the tools we use, or how we work with developers,
or how to find more info on the net. I've seen enough people on this list
say "good point, I learned something" or "thanks, that really helped" that
I believe the list is effective. If employers have a problem with that, I
don't want to work for them.