Re: Mosaic

Subject: Re: Mosaic
From: Edward Bedinger <qwa -at- CARSON -dot- U -dot- WASHINGTON -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 01:36:19 GMT

Article 3718 of bit.listserv.techwr-l:
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.techwr-l
From: MaryEllen Read <mread -at- bluejay -dot- creighton -dot- edu>
Subject: Mosaic
Sender: news -at- osuunx -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu (USENET News System)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1993 18:26:14 GMT

Does anyone have any experience with, or know about *Mosaic* "new
software program available free...[to help] users find their way around the
global internet" (from John Markoff, NY Times)? The program was developed
at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications in Champaign, IL.
I've tried to find it by fumbling around WAIS etc., but I don't know
enough to tap the right keys, I guess.
I hope this is the appropriate list for my question.
Thanks for any and all info.
Maryellen Read
mread -at- creighton -dot- edu

---------
here's a few lines of orientation, if you want to go for it. Sorry,
but I don't know much I could tell you about Mosaic.

[...]

If you are interested in NCSA Mosaic in general you might want to take
a look at the /Mosaic/mosaic-papers directory on ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu.
The file mosaic.ps.Z gives a technical overview of the X windows version
of NSCA Mosaic. The MS Windows and Macintosh versions will support the
same basic functionality as is described. The directory also contains
a few other papers which are directly related to the World Wide Web and
Mosaic in particular.

If you are interested in other versions of NCSA Mosaic, please mail the
appropriate developed directly:
mosaic-x -at- ncsa -dot- uiuc -dot- edu : X-windows version (version 1.2 released,2.0 alpha)
mosaic-mac -at- ncsa -dot- uiuc -dot- edu : Macintosh version (in beta)