Global indexes-new thread

Subject: Global indexes-new thread
From: Shannon Ford <shannon -at- UNIFACE -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1993 11:31:24 +0100

Hello,

I wonder if anybody knows a good (i.e. automatic) way to generate global
indexes with FrameMaker. We have approximately 12 indexed books (2000+ pages)
from which we want to make a global index.

I don't know exactly how it was done for the last documentation set, but I
gather it was a bit of a hack. I think we made a book containing every
chapter file in the doc set, and proceeded from there--generating the index
over night, adding book codes in front of every page reference by hand,
debugging, etc.

We have to do this again in the next 6 months, so we are wondering if
there isn't a better way.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Shannon Ford