internet resources

Subject: internet resources
From: Dickie Selfe <rselfe -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1993 08:47:27 -0600

Here's a crude compilation of the internet resources suggested thru
anyone wants clarification. Hope it's helpful; it was a GREAT help to us
in our efforts. There's a very interesting variety here. As soon as we
have the final edits done on this chapter I'll be glad to forward it to
those interested. I'll include the book title as well. I like the volume
so far.

From: "Joyce Hammock" <HBJ -at- CU -dot- NIH -dot- GOV>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1993 11:01:12 EST
Subject: Re: internet resources

I also subscribe to copyediting-l -at- cornell -dot- edu

From: Vincent BORGHI <vb%ediscope -dot- UUCP -at- gamb -dot- uucp>
To: rselfe -at- mtu -dot- edu

(Answer to your news posted in bit.listserv.techwr-l)
Hello,

I am a free-lance, french, tech writer
I have a workstation that gives me acces to news and e-mail (I pay
for that).

News groups that I find useful for my job are:
* The group specific to my job:
bit.listserv.techwr-l
* Groups related to desktop publishing:
comp.text
comp.text.desktop
comp.text.frame (concerns the FrameMaker DTP software)
* Group related to human factors:
comp.human-factors
* Misc:
- news.answers is very interesting since it provides

FAQlists (frequently asked questions) concerning numerous

topics. It is a good source for reference material

concerning technical specialities.
- Since I am french, I read the various groups of the "fr."

hierarchy. This is useful to resolve technical problems,
and to ask for technical questions.

In addition, note:
- I do not read the "misc.writing" group: too far from
the technical writing field.
- In France, the use of the news and e-mail facilities is
very unfrequent in my profession. Very few (perhaps no one
but me) tech writers use these communication chanels.

Hope this helps,
Apologies for my poor english.
PS: If needed, use the e-mail address below (the "Reply-To" field
may be wrong).
--
Vincent BORGHI (Freelance Technical Writer)
41, avenue de Savoie Phone: (+33) 76 97 58 78

by Yvonne DeGraw
Santa Barbara STC Chapter
(reprinted from the Shell)

CNI-COPYRIGHT copyright issues LISTSERV -at- CNI -dot- ORG
DTP-L desktop publishing LISTSERV -at- YALEVM -dot- YCC -dot- YALE -dot- EDU
INDEX-L indexing LISTSERV -at- BINGVMB -dot- CC -dot- BINGHAMTON -dot- EDU
MBU-L writing instruction LISTSERV -at- TTUVM1 -dot- TTU -dot- EDU
RHETORIC rhetoric COMSERVE -at- VM -dot- ITS -dot- VPI -dot- EDU
WRITERS writers and writing LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- NODAK -dot- EDU

Dickie Selfe 138 Walker
rselfe -at- mtu -dot- edu Michigan Technological U.
906-487-3225 Houghton, MI 49931