Re: Archive retrieval not working (files too big)

Subject: Re: Archive retrieval not working (files too big)
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1993 07:38:01 CST

I have sent several requests for the October and November
log files and I've received nothing.

Thanks, Ken, for offering an explanation. The mailer we
use is an inhouse-generated system that doesn't notify
users of problems other than undeliverable outgoing mail.

I sent a message to Eric Ray about the problem. I hope,
in light of Ken's revelation, that Eric will divide the
October and November logs into 2 to 4 portions to overcome
our mailer limitations.

If the traffic on TECHWR-L remains at the current high,
and informative, rate, I support Ken d'Albenas' suggestion
that Eric modify LISTSERV's log function to archive
weekly, if possible.

Best Regards!

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411