Flamethrowers and fire eaters

Subject: Flamethrowers and fire eaters
From: "JACK P. SHAW" <jsh -at- SOFTWARE-AG -dot- DE>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 11:30:00 MEZ

I had no idea there were so many touchy people out there.
Is being thin-skinned a prereq. for tech. writers, or is
this phenomenon another head-rearing of that uniquely American
thing, PC (pedantic con-damnation)?

Maybe too many folks have been in the barrel too often of having
to explain too many times why they didn't explain too many
esoterics in just exactly the same words the developer/engineer/manager
gave it too them...(I don't do smileys on my Tschermann keyboard...they
all come out looking like Col Klinck)

.And a lot of folks might not be aware that some of us in the
technological hinterlands are hammering this in in stone-age
Internet mode with the line editor. Once it's done and <Enter>ed,
it belongs to posterior - er, posterity. So please accept the
period at the beginning of this paragraph as amends for the one
I forgot when closing the last one.

Take that, y'all.

A dues-paying malcontent,
Jack Shaw/Software AG (who has no opinion I could distort, even
if I wanted to...)
jsh -at- software-ag -dot- de