geological prospects

Subject: geological prospects
From: lpraderio -at- CLIFF -dot- WHOI -dot- EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 14:33:29 EDT

Hello,

There are a number of academic/government agencies dealing with geology that
use technical writers/editors. Offhand the U.S. Geological Survey, also there
must be a Geology branch of NSF for dealing with grants/proposals from
investigators, and lastly state/federal agencies that deal licensing for
mining/petroleum operations.

You might also want to try the yellow pages under geotechnical. I know the
Boston area has a number of geotechnical companies listed. Also, try the
Peterson guide (in the reference section of most libraries) to companies by
location/industry/alphabetically.

Laura Praderio
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
lpraderio -at- whoi -dot- edu

*******
I was wondering if there is anyone out there working in the geological
field--for instance in the petroleum industry, or mining industry, or
any other related field--as a technical writer. I am sort of
interested in this area. Perhaps, somebody out there can enlighten me
what kind of writing one does in such an industry, or what working in
such an industry is like.

Also, I would like to thank all those who responded to my message on
business cards. We (the group I was working with) managed to come up
with a pretty neat card. We put both the name and the logo of the
organization on the card. Once again, thanks for the suggestions.

Laila.
shamjils -at- expert -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu