Re: On-line vs. online

Subject: Re: On-line vs. online
From: "Chuck Petch, Editor" <PETCH -at- GVG47 -dot- GVG -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1993 09:06:31 -0700

I think the usual approach to hyphenation is to hyphenate new word combinations
but to drop the hyphen when the combination becomes widely used and recognized
in society. IMHO, "online" has been around for a long time and is understood by
most everyone. I vote to drop the hyphen.

Chuck Petch, | "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them
Technical Editor | as much as you please." -Mark Twain