Programmers

Subject: Programmers
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 10:08:13 -0700

Hi, all.....

Programmers! (Even worse, programming students...)

I'm sitting here in the High Tech Center at school, wading thru my mail
and listening to two women, both programmers, complaining about the four
points they lost on their assignment because they failed to put an "end of
step" character at the end of their subjunctive parable routines....

"But it's only dang DOCUMENTATION!!!!!!! How useless! It has no effect on
how the routines run!"

<sigh>

I can think of all the arguments, doctrinal and anecdotal, I could use
to try and explain the importance of documentation in everything....
including programs someone *ELSE* might have to debug or expand months
from now.....

But it seems to be the height of poor taste to jump into the convo and let
them know that "lazy programmers" (or engineers, or other writers, or
whatever) can make a dificult job nearly impossible......

Just thoughth I'd throw this observation out there.....

regards,

| Dan BRINEGAR aka BENU |
| Research Droid Glendale Community College |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu Electronic Forum, Glendale, AZ |
| *CARSEF Manager, Phoenix STC |
| (Central Arizona Regional Science and Engineering Fair) |
| Coming in March to a High School Near You! |