Re: E-mail Addresses

Subject: Re: E-mail Addresses
From: Traci Gardner <traci -dot- gardner -at- VT -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1993 12:09:35 -0400

> (4) I'm not sure that uppercasing improves the readability.
> (4) Lowercase just "seems cleaner" to me.

>Walter Pienciak
>Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions
>wpiencia -at- ieee -dot- org

In fact, Walter, uppercasing decreases readability (assuming you mean the
human ability to read and not computer readability). Lower case letter and
such have more defined shapes and allow the eye to move around while all
upper cases take on a boxy shape with is more difficult to move through.
Traci

Traci Gardner Traci -dot- Gardner -at- vt -dot- edu
Department of English Traci -at- vtvm1 -dot- cc -dot- vt -dot- edu
Virginia Tech Voice: 703-231-7902
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0112 Fax: 703-231-5692