Video Tapes/Briding Industry & Academia

Subject: Video Tapes/Briding Industry & Academia
From: Stuart Selber <SSELBER -at- MTUS5 -dot- CTS -dot- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1993 10:17:31 EST

Being able to view video tapes from STC chapter meetings has exciting
potential. I think those of us who teach would find these tapes particularly
useful for helping students join the profession. Students could sort of eaves
drop on a professional conversation in the field, learn from the subject
matter, probably get energized, see the importance of joining a professional
organization, and so on. Not to provide STC folks with more work, but maybe
the office in Arlington would be willing to house these tapes. Chapters could
send copies to them on occasion and folks could borrow or buy them or whatever
folks think is appropriate. Or maybe we could house the tapes regionally or
something. Other ideas of how teachers might use these tapes in technical
communication programs? Just a thought.

Stuart Selber
Michigan Technological University