Re: Laser Printers

Subject: Re: Laser Printers
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 15:14:12 CDT

|}
|} Does anyone know of a laser printer that will accomodate ledger size (11" x
|} 17")paper? In know that LaserMaster will, but I was wondering what/if there
|} were
|} any others.
|}
|} Tamye Lyles
|}

Tons and tons of 'em. Right off the top of my head, GCC makes one, Texas
Instruments (Yay for the home team!) makes one, Printware makes one, NewGen
makes one, QMS makes one, Lexmark makes one. Some of 'em, (The Printware
ProII) even break the 300 dpi barrier.

You need to do some serious market research.

Grab a few PC or MAC magazines, (PC will have a mixture of PostScript and HPGL
Printers, Mac will feature QuickDraw and PS printers) and rummage through for
the names of some printer companies and call the 800 number and ask them to
send you all the marketing stuff they have on their ledger sized printers.

You'll be whelmed, at least, if not over whelmed.

* _ ___ * sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
* _ /\ |\ _ * "a little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of
* / / \ _| \ \ * explanation."
* \_/ _/ \_/ * <Boilerplate disclaimer here>