Re: Punctuation in 24 hour system (fwd)

Subject: Re: Punctuation in 24 hour system (fwd)
From: Chuck <ENMCPHER -at- ECUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 11:13:06 EDT

Chuck:
I see no problem in punctuating 24-hour time the way you did in your example.
In my military experience, when we receive operations orders and such, I have
never received one with the time in seconds.

A typical date/time group would look like this:
140900OCT93
What this tells me is that the operation will commence on the 14th day of
October at 9am.
Might want to get some other inquiries, too. Ask Chuck Banks at NEC.
Although he's a "Red Leg" (artilleryman) he can give you good advice, too.
His E-mail address follows
chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com

Tell him I sent ya and no hard feelings about putting "Steel on target".

-Mike