Re: Quotes in writing

Subject: Re: Quotes in writing
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 15:19:36 GMT

Somebody on alt.folklore.urban mentioned (in a different
context) Apollo 11 astronaut Michael Collins's autobiography
_Carrying the Fire_, which has a great one: "What we really
needed were a few more English majors to write the instructions."
(Again, I'm quoting from memory, so you might want to check the
original source.) The thought was prompted by his attempt to
figure out what to do with which switch while flying backwards
toward the Moon at umpty-ump-thousand miles per hour.

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"
Disclaimer: Even if my employer had a position on the subject,
I probably wouldn't be the one stating it on their behalf.