Re: Class Registration

Subject: Re: Class Registration
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1993 11:44:00 EST

From: Kenneth Palmertree <kenneth -at- DEKALB -dot- DC -dot- PEACHNET -dot- EDU>
Comments: To: techwr-l -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu
SMTP-CCMail translator Ver: acm 2.73 8/18/93
Does anyone know where I can find any information about on-line or
telephone registration that schools use so that the students can
register for their class without faculity intervention. Please email
me! Thanks in advance!

--Kenneth, I don't know what system they use, but UCSD has a great phone
registration -- I used it for most of my last two years there. This was a
couple of years ago -- they may have expanded to online by now. You still have
to get department approval (via a code) for "packed" or prereq'd classes, but
it's very convenient -- the registrar at UCSD could probably provide more info.
Sorry this is so general -- I hope it helps.
--Bonni Graham, Easel Corporation ENFIN Technology Lab
Name : Kenneth E. Palmertree
Internet : kenneth -at- dekalb -dot- dc -dot- peachnet -dot- edu
palmertree_k -at- acadmn -dot- mercer -dot- peachnet -dot- edu