Quotes on Writing

Subject: Quotes on Writing
From: "Less is more." <YVONNE -at- LOUIE -dot- SMARTSTAR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1993 08:54:47 -0700

Thomas Barker wrote:
>Our student chapter of the STC here at Tech would like to enlist
>your help in rounding up quotable quotes about writing...of all
>types...by people who do it daily.

"When the writer becomes the center of his attention, he becomes a nudnik.
And a nudnik who believes he's profound is even worse than just a
plain nudnik." -- Isaac Bashevis Singer

And two that apply to both writing and to other fields:

-- Albert Einstein

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in
the opposite direction." -- E.F. Schumacher