Re: SGML - Tell me about it.

Subject: Re: SGML - Tell me about it.
From: Elaine M Brennan <ELAINE -at- BROWNVM -dot- BITNET>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1993 11:44:00 EDT

On Thu, 7 Oct 1993 12:06:50 +0100 Shannon Ford said:

>Frame Technology has (will have?) a new product called FrameBuilder, which
>is a WSYWIG (aka GUI) tool for creating SGML-encoded documents and DTDs.

>I don't know if there are or will be conversion tools for existing FrameMaker
>documents.

>Shannon Ford
>fords -at- uniface -dot- nl

FrameBuilder's usefulness as an SGML tool, at least in its initial
incarnation, is minimal, at best. While it does understand a certain
amount about document structure, it can't, in fact, yet create a DTD,
nor can it read a currently SGML-encoded document, nor will it convert
existing documents.

Some of us were severely disappointed.

Elaine Brennan
Assistant Director