Re: Evaluating user interface

Subject: Re: Evaluating user interface
From: Shannon Ford <shannon -at- UNIFACE -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1993 17:34:42 +0100

There is a new book by Jakob Nielson on usability testing that covers
many of the current evaluation methods and inlcudes references. I don't have
it in front of me, so I don't know the title or ISBN number, but I can try to
get it Monday from the guy who borrowed it.

Otherwise try to get ahold of proceedings for INTERCHI `93 or CHI `92. There
should be some papers regarding usability (which is the term now for
evaluating a user interface). Or, try looking at user interface design
books for some heuristic rules (Ben Schneiderman, Brenda Laurel, Bruce
Tognazzinni are some of the `gurus')

Have fun!

Shannon Ford
fords -at- uniface -dot- nl