Re: e-mail policies

Subject: Re: e-mail policies
From: Jim Porter <jporter -at- MACE -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1993 08:08:21 EST

>I'm searching for written policy statements on usage of e-mail and on retentio>
of e-mail files. Anybody got any?

Steve ... The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) maintains an entire
database of academic computer center policies defining the appropriate
use of e-mail, as well as descriptions of court cases which have
challenged many of those policies. You can access these files thru ftp
to <ftp.eff.org>.

A couple of newsgroups consider ethical and legal policies related
to e-mail and internet use: <alt.comp.acad-freedom.talk> and
<comp.admin.policy>. EFF also maintains a USENET newsletter:
<alt.comp.acad-freedom.news>.

The other excellent source, if you're looking for something
very specific, is Carl Kadie <kadie -at- cs -dot- uiuc -dot- edu>, who serves
as librarian for the EFF archives.

Jim Porter
Purdue University
jporter -at- mace -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu