Opinions please

Subject: Opinions please
From: Richard Irvine <ricirv -at- PANDANUS -dot- NTU -dot- EDU -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1993 11:15:56 +0000

Hi,
My name is Richard Irvine and I am a lecturer at the Northern Territory
University in Darwin, Australia. I have recently started lurking on this
group as we are introducing a new subject for our Assoc Dip students on
Computer Documentation. It is only an introductory unit and is not meant
out turn out professional writers.

What I would like to be able to present the students with is a list of
Golden Rules from people working in the industry. So, assume you have a
young person in front of you who is about to embark on a technical writing
career. What points would you pass on to them as the key fundamentals of
technical writing? What would you warn them to avoid at all costs? What
would you suggest they study further? Any other pearls of wisdom.

Please e-mail responses to me directly (ricirv -at- pandanus -dot- ntu -dot- edu -dot- au). I will
post a summary to the list if the interest is there.

We are also having trouble tracking down a decent text book for the
students, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Richard Irvine
Dept of Computing
Institute of TAFE
Northern Territory University _*-_/\
Darwin / \
NT Australia \ _---__ /
Phone: +61 (089) 466932 V
e-mail: ricirv -at- pandanus -dot- ntu -dot- edu -dot- au