Re: What is the STC?

Subject: Re: What is the STC?
From: Brad Mehlenbacher <brad_m -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 11:58:55 -0400

The STC is the Society for Technical Communication and is definitely an
organization that everyone on this list should want to join. Currently
with a membership of approximately 16,000, the chapter provides a forum
for technical communicators to exchange ideas and experiences, has various
grants, loans, and awards programs, stages numerous national and regional
conferences, and publishes a host of periodicals and newsletters (e.g.,
Technical Communication, Intercom, Interchange, Careers in Technical
Communication, and so on).

To find out about joining, contact the Society Office: 901 N. Stuart St.,
Suite 904, Arlington, VA 22203-1854 (703-522-4114); e-mail: stc -at- tmn -dot- com