Re: Accounting Writing Course (Master's degree)

Subject: Re: Accounting Writing Course (Master's degree)
From: Barbara Shwom <bshwom -at- NWU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1993 02:22:13 GMT

In article <9309172030 -dot- AA07401 -at- east -dot- gsfc -dot- nasa -dot- gov>, "Tamye Lyles,
Technical Writer--Martin Marietta Services Inc., (301"
<tjl743c -at- vx740 -dot- dnet -dot- nasa -dot- gov>, wrote:

> Jeanie,

> There is a text for this area called WRITING FOR ACCOUNTANTS by Aletha
> Hendrickson. I'm not sure if it's for the degree level that you're looking
for,
> but I
> hope this helps.

> Tamye
> Lyles

Aletha has also written an annotated bibliography about accounting writing
that's available from the Association of Professional Writing Consultants.
For information about ordering this book, contact me directly.

You might also look at Linda Driskill's textbook on managerial
communication. It's got a section on accounting writing that's appropriate
for master's students.

Barbara Shwom