Estimate for On-Line Project

Subject: Estimate for On-Line Project
From: Anna Cappello <cappello -at- TOULOUSE -dot- VIRTUALPROTOTYPES -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1993 17:26:09 -0400

Our documentation department has presently been given the mandate to "put
our documentation on-line"...sounds simple enough!
As Documentation Group Leader, I have to estimate how long it should take
to complete this task.
Let me give you some details:
We have about 2,000 pages of documentation to work with. I have scheduled
1.5 resources to this project. Both resources are senior writers, with
extensive writing experience. However, neither has much experience in
producing on-line documentation.
We will be using FRAME; this is a new tool for us. We were previously
Ventura users.
I would appreciate hearing from any Supervisor/Manager out there, who
has already gone through the process of estimating such a project.
Please forward your reply to:
cappello -at- VirtualPrototypes -dot- CA