Re: Technical Communication in the Computer Industry: Survey

Subject: Re: Technical Communication in the Computer Industry: Survey
From: Carrie Walljasper <CARRIEW -at- MOM -dot- SPIE -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1993 15:01:23 -0700

I earned a certificate in Technical Writing from DeAnza community college
in Cupertino, CA. In the writing classes, we edited work written by other
student writers, and had our work reviewed by student editors. In addition,
the instructor talked about how important it was not to get attached
to phrase
s or specific wording.

When I entered the workforce, I was grateful for this experience. I am
thankful that when my editors edit out a favorite paragraph or sentence,
or dramatically change it, I can work with them objectively in the rewrite.
Sometimes I insist we leave the paragraph as I wrote it, other times I
agree with their changes.

Carrie Walljasper
SPIE
CarrieW -at- mom -dot- spie -dot- org