Info on grant proposals--after it's submitted

Subject: Info on grant proposals--after it's submitted
From: Young Kim <YOUNG -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1993 09:09:01 CST

I'm trying to learn more about how the proposal process works--specifically,
what happens after a grant proposal is submitted.

What actually happens during the review process?
Who keeps track of how the money is spent (on the part of the giver)?
What are some grant management issues that books on writing grants don't
address?
Are there listserv lists or newsgroups that focus on grant proposals and
maintaining grants?
I found some lists of grants that certain institutions, such as NSF, have given
in one of my internet searches (Veronica.) How can we use this information?

If you have comments, experience, or suggestions, I would really appreciate
your help. Thank you.

Young Kim (YOUNG -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU)