Re: COPYWRITE_LIST

Subject: Re: COPYWRITE_LIST
From: Mike Showalter <mike -at- NWNET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 07:25:38 -0700

For those interested, there is a mailing list called CNI-COPYRIGHT for
discussion of copyright issues. Appended is part of the welcome file from that
list.
Also, if you have Usenet access, try the groups misc.int-property and
misc.legal.computing. Both regularly carry postings about copyright, trademarks,
and licensing issues.

Mike
mike -at- nwnet -dot- net

On Fri, 10 Sep 1993, Turing Machine Three wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a LIST devoted primarily to discussion of
> copyright issues. At your option, post back to this
> list or to me at:

> NPARRY -at- CENTER -dot- COLGATE -dot- EDU

> Many thanks in advance.

> Norm
Dear Networker,

CNI-COPYRIGHT -at- CNI -dot- ORG is not a BITNET LISTSERV list. Please READ this
note, and retain for future reference if needed.

Coalition for Networked Information (CNI-COPYRIGHT -at- CNI -dot- ORG). You may leave
this forum at any time by sending a message to the unix-listserv on the
Coalition's server (LISTSERV -at- CNI -dot- ORG) asking to UNSUBSCRIBE CNI-COPYRIGHT.
By sending electronic mail to CNI-COPYRIGHT -at- CNI -dot- ORG, you can distribute
messages to the participants of this forum.

ABOUT THE FORUM:
Copyright issues pervade our lives affecting everything from
the labels on the cans of soft drinks to the things we watch on
television to all the things we read. It has a tremendous effect
on networking activities as evidenced by the number of lists which
discuss copyright issues from time to time. But it is often
misunderstood, subject to easy misinterpretation and at times very
complicated. Many people simply throw out copyright questions to
any list hoping to get an answer that makes some sense. Others who
have an interest in copyright per se find themselves trying to
monitor dozens of lists in order to get into a regular flow of
copyright discussions. This list is being organized to give those
who ask, answer, and discuss copyright questions of any type a
forum for discussion. Discussion will not be limited to any one
area such as copyright for electronic materials. To see a list of
suggested issues to be addressed on this forum, send the following
command to LISTSERV -at- CNI -dot- ORG

INFORMATION CNI-COPYRIGHT