Re: Recommended Applications

Subject: Re: Recommended Applications
From: sradecki -at- SHERPA -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1993 09:15:46 PDT

> What about Interleaf? I've used Frame for three years and was quite
satisfied.
> Now I have a new contract and am learning Interleaf. Does anybody have an ion
> on this package?

I have used both Frame and Interleaf, and find Interleaf easier to use in the
long
run, once you completely understand it.

HOWEVER,

1. Interleaf is WAY totally overpriced.
2. Interleaf's sales rep's aren't completely "useful."

On the positive side:

1. Interleaf provides *great* training (at least in our area-Silicon Valley)
2. Interleaf has the best tech support I have ever dealt with- the people are
friendly, know their stuff, and are very quick with responses.

So, there's my three cents (inflation) on Interleaf. We support more than 60
manuals using Interleaf, and we all love it. We are using Interleaf 5 on UNIX
workstations. We had a brief foray into Interleaf on the PC, but were not too
impressed with it. I believe it will mature and be as good as their other
platforms.
(I have also worked with it on VMS.)

September Radecki
Sr. Tech Writer, Sherpa Corporation