Answers for the feet

Subject: Answers for the feet
From: Paula Reynolds <PAULAR -at- HISPEED -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1993 17:56:45 EDT

Everyone:

Thanks for the quick responses. The highlights:

* ft/min should be just fine without periods

* in. generally needs periods if it may be confused with the preposition
"in"

* If 50-51 ft/min is used, use an en dash.

* Some people were concerned that the conversions weren't consistent to a
place (ie, 50 ft to 50.34 m)

* Someone brought up a grammar point: between goes with and; from goes
with to. I'm not sure what the reference to that was, but it's handy to
keep in mind.

* Someone suggested I also bring this up with my reviewers. Thank you,
that gave me the only laugh I had today. Our company doesn't believe in
the review process.

Anyhow, thanks again for providing this invaluable resource!

Paula
Hi-Speed Checkweigher