Jobs, Video?

Subject: Jobs, Video?
From: ROSE NORMAN <UAHRXN01 -at- UAHVAX1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1993 11:19:00 CST

Janie's posting about grad. programs helping students find job hits
home. I'm the one who helps students here, both undergrad. and grad.,
and it's pretty dicey in this job market! Three of our recent graduates
(B.A./B.S.) did land jobs within two months of graduation, which is
better than last summer. Most of the credit goes to the students, though
I did place them in the internships that led to two of those three jobs.

Most of our students are job-hunting locally, but a few are looking ot
relocate, as are various local technical writers who have been laid off
or are ready for a change. Do you think Techwr-L might lend itself to
a sort of informal job network, looking and seeking? We could share info.
on salaries, kinds of jobs, prospects--the sort of thing Janie was reporting.

I have a special interest in this because I'm the STC Employment Chair for
my chapter, and I haven't had a lot to report lately!

Rose

Rose Norman, Associate Professor of English
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Huntsville, AL 35899
205/895-6320
RNORMAN -at- UAHVAX1 bitnet or RNORMAN -at- ASNUAH -dot- ASN -dot- NET or UAHRXN01 -at- ASNUAH -dot- ASN -dot- NET