Degree Programs in Technical Communication

Subject: Degree Programs in Technical Communication
From: Saul Carliner <CUISACX -at- GSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1993 22:33:51 EDT

o To Julie (and others who are interested): if you are trying to figure
out what you should study in a degree program in technical communication,
you might be interested in my article in the 2Q 1992 issue of TECHNICAL
COMMUNICATION, which explains "What You Should Get from a Professionally
Oriented Master's Degree Program in Technical Communication." The article
also describes the type of student who would succeed in such a program.
You can then determine whether technical communication is the field for
you and, if it is, how to piece together a program from courses available
at Cornell (and perhaps other schools) to meet your needs.

o To others seeking a complete list of schools offering programs in
technical communication, see the sidebar with the article. Also note
that the STC is planning to publish a directory of schools offering
programs in the field, although I'm not sure of the publication date.

"
Saul Carliner, Ph.D Student CUISACX -at- GSUVM1 -dot- GSU -dot- EDU
Instructional Techology 404/892-3945 (w&h)
Georgia State University