Degree Programs

Subject: Degree Programs
From: Joyce Hammock <HBJ -at- NIHCU -dot- BITNET>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1993 21:48:36 EDT

More representatives from the east coast--

University of Maryland, University College has programs
in Communication Studies with technical writing tracks,
professional writing tracks, plus the more creative avenues.

I just graduated (B.S. - Technical Writing Track). The program
is excellent, and the faculty support is wonderful.

Also...Towson State University has both an undergrad and graduate (Masters)
program in Professional Writing. It too, I've been told, is excellent
and is well thought of in the professional community. Yours truly
will be starting the program this Fall (it's M.S.).

For more information at UMUC, contact Dr. Susan Nickens,
English Department, University of Maryland, University College
University Boulevard at Adelphi Road, College Park, MD 20742. She
can also be reached by phone -- 301 985-7700.

Contact at Towson is Dr. Charlotte Koomjohn, Program Coordinator,
TSU, Towson, MD 21204 telephone 853-2500.

BTW, University of Baltimore also has graduate programs in
Publication Design with emphasis on Creative Writing, Technical
Writing or Design. They are located in downtown Baltimore, MD .