Left-handed keyboard/mouse configurations

Subject: Left-handed keyboard/mouse configurations
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1993 13:37:38 MDT

Here's a question for the southpaws in the group.

In Sun Open Windows, how do you get a left-handed* keyboard and
mouse configuration? I could do it in SunView (which is one of
several reasons why I still use FrameMaker under SunView), but
not OW.

Whenever I ask systems-type people, they say, "Sure, there've gotta
be ways." They just don't know what they are.

* left-handed configuration means:
- keyboard: front/open/undo/cut/copy/paste/find keys on right
instead of left
- mouse: held in left hand; inner (right) key is SELECT, middle
is EXTEND, outer (left) is MENU.

Supplemental question: is anyone using a Dvorak instead of qwerty
keyboard on a regular basis? Are there any even-better ones?

Cheers,

Ken d'Albenas | "Things are more like they are |
(-:: | today than they ever were before." |
kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca | - Kevin Mort |