Re: NeXT/SUN platform differences

Subject: Re: NeXT/SUN platform differences
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 10:44:44 CDT

To Robin Foster:

Robin,

FrameMaker's Capture and Import functions do a good job of
capturing screens on X Windows or Motif platforms. There is also
a utility named SnapShot that is more flexible than FrameMaker's
Capture function. I don't have the vendor name handy, but, if
your system administration people are unfamiliar with it, I can
find out the vendor's name.

One word of warning about FrameMaker Capture. If you use
it on a color capable workstation, FrameMaker captures the color
data with the screen image. There is a utility named fmcolor that
strips the color data and leaves a MUCH smaller xwd file. fmcolor
is supplied with FrameMaker. The FrameMaker Reference manual
describes fmcolor in its appendix on FrameMaker Utilities.

Good Luck!

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411