Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board

Subject: Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1993 22:48:23 PDT

Greg Kushmerek said:
> Moreover, those $25/hr that I've heard of usually come with something
> like 20hours of use. After that, there are further costs for time.

The question still remains about whether there is a local provider, but
*my* local public-access provider, Netcom, charges $17.50/month for
unlimited access. This includes email, ftp, telnet, and every usenet
group in existence. Netcom was a West Coast thing, but they recently
opened in Dallas, so who knows where they will turn up next?! I highly
recommend them.

About modem costs--this isn't really relevant. I just looked at modems,
and you can buy a 14.4k modem for under $200, and prices are dropping
daily.

--Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com