Job Hunting

Subject: Job Hunting
From: amy welden <amy -at- JOVE1 -dot- SOSC -dot- OSSHE -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1993 10:30:02 PDT

I'm finishing a Masters in Computer Science and Technical Writing
in the next month and will be job hunting once again. I've worked
as a technical writer for about 8 years and have always found work.
Now I'm living in a small rural town with virtually no high tech
industries. I don't have the option to move and I'd like to keep
traveling down to a minimum.

How practical is working over a modem or working from long distance?
My experience is in software documentation. Any advice on job hunting
for this type of work? Any advice from those who are working this way?

I noticed the STC jobs all seem to be on-site jobs. Other resources
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Amy Welden
amy -at- jove1 -dot- sosc -dot- osshe -dot- edu