Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board

Subject: Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board
From: Tom Warren <TWARREN -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 22:39:28 CST

REF: STC and the INTERNET. If previous discussions on this list are any indica
tion, the comment about cost may be wide of the mark. STC is a 501(c)3 organiz
ation--i.e., we are in the same IRS class as the Red Cross and other charities-
-and educational organizations. Previous postings suggest a link with an acade
mic institution in the area with NO increase in dues. And on that, take a look
at the reserves STC now has. It is far from poor. Granted that the budget (t
entative) is about 200K over, but a lot of committees do not spend their full b
udgets and "give back" money. STC could afford INTERNET, but it doesn't have t
o, if the previous postings can be believed. Send the letters to the office an
d the new president (Annette Reilly, 34 N. Irving St., Arlington, VA 22201-1059
, FAX: 301 306 8028.
Someone else mentioned publications. We expect to have about 5 new ones out by
Aug 15, and we are looking for more: Updates/revisions of current publications
, and new ones. Send e-mail to Jeff Hibbard (hibbard -at- dalvm1 -dot- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com)or me
for more information--INCLUDING WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE PUBLISHED. Tom