Re: Need to buy fonts for instruction

Subject: Re: Need to buy fonts for instruction
From: SANDERS -at- TBOSCH -dot- DNET -dot- GE -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1993 15:21:00 EST

Hi,

>I have $300 or so dollars I can use to buy postscript fonts for
>use in our publications lab. Does anyone know of any great deals
>on fonts that I might cash in on?

I would recommend picking up a few magazines, or if you have access, looking
around the net for some public domain or shareware fonts. I don't know what
kind of stuff is out there specifically for the Mac, but I picked up 100
good fonts for about $30, plus around $50 in shareware fees, for my Amiga.
Most of the fonts were originally designed on/for the IBM, but since Postscript
is Postscript is Poscript, it worked out just fine.

The quality is kind-of across the board with PD and shareware fonts though,
some are very, very good, and some are missing even common symbols or letters,
but you can make some very good deals this way.

Hope this helps.

-John Sanders-