Re: Licensing tech. communicators

Subject: Re: Licensing tech. communicators
From: Carrie Walljasper <CARRIEW -at- MOM -dot- SPIE -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 15:28:22 -0700

I am not fond of licensing. As professionals, we have degrees and certification
programs already available. When I decided to pursue a career in technical
writing, I went back to school to get a technical writing certificate (I
already had a BA degree). I continued my education by reading, attending
STC conferences, joining STC, etc.

For those who might not have this option, perhaps STC could provide
a certification exam, but I wouldn't require it of all writers/communicators...