Re: FrameBuilder and documentation control [was: Dress Code & ITCC]

Subject: Re: FrameBuilder and documentation control [was: Dress Code & ITCC]
From: Michael McClatchey <mmm -at- AISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 14:27:57 -0500

This is a new thread, and one I'm curious about. I vote that we discuss it
publicly. If we don't, I would appreciate a summary.

I've been a documentation department of one for over two years here, and I had
to reverse engineer the structure for myself - the documenter hadn't documented
the documentation. 8^) With the addition of a half-time assistant, the need for
objective, (at least semi-)formal structure became even more obvious, and we've
been making things more consistent.

I'd be curious to know other people's experiences in this, as I want to expand
to having on-line FrameMaker hypertext for some of our users, and I want to
learn more about SGML and it's relationship to ISO 9000.

Thanks, all...

Michael McClatchey
Senior Technical Writer
Applied Intelligent Systems, Inc.
110 Parkland Plaza,

313-995-2035 / FAX 313-995-2138 Ann Arbor, MI 48103

(NeXTMail welcome)
(opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer)