Re: Dress Code

Subject: Re: Dress Code
From: lpraderio <lpraderi -at- CLIFF -dot- WHOI -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 11:10:54 EDT

Excuse me,

Is the point here that people aren't listening to someone because of what they
wear? or because of what they do (tech communicator)?

Laura Praderio
Jeans/sweats/shorts Queen
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
lpraderio -at- whoi -dot- edu

This is going to sound wierd, but I wear a suit and tie because I *want* to.
We have no dress code and can personalize our offices as much as we want...
but (IMHO) ... it's a matter of "image" and whatever you feel 'comfortable'
with. I don't meet customers (at least not very often) but I do occasionally
get unexpected visits from 'higher ups'. At least in a suit I never feel
*under* dressed and at least the engineers here take me a little more
seriously than they might do otherwise. When I want to be 'informal' it is
often pretty effective when I take off my jacket, roll up my sleeves and
loosen my tie.
naalapparaten BV
The opinions expressed do not PO Box 42, 7550 GD Hengelo
represent those of my employer. The Netherlands.