Re: Advice on systems

Subject: Re: Advice on systems
From: Peter Montgomery <MONTGOMERY -at- CAMINS -dot- CAMOSUN -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1993 11:52:43 -0700

On Monday, 14 Jun 1993, at 21:37:23,
thus spake Paula Reynolds:

PR>I was hired to improve the system. However, they want me to improve the
PR>system for no money. Since that isn't going to happen, I was hoping for
PR>advice on which system to use: PageMaker, FrameMaker, or Word for
PR>Windows. And even if you don't have advice, I'd appreciate information
PR>on the setup your company uses.

A couple of desktop gurus at our place are very high on a piece called
Ami Pro. It is supposedly a word processor, but it is also a VERY
sophisticated formatting software. They no longer need Pagemaker to
get all their work done. It handles files from all wps, and exports files
to all wps as well.

Peter
* Peter Montgomery Montgomery -at- camosun -dot- bc -dot- ca *
* Professor *
* Dept of English ph (604) 370-3342 (o) *
* Camosun College (604) 370-3346 (fax) +
* 3100 Foul Bay Road *
* Victoria, BC Off. Paul Bldg 326 *
* CANADA V8P 5J2 *