Re: What to do in XXXXXXXXXX

Subject: Re: What to do in XXXXXXXXXX
From: Gary Zimmerman <garyzim -at- INFERENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1993 19:20:02 PDT

> One final note: please do not use the word "Cyberspace" when referring to
> the Internet? That little William Gibsonism applies to a futuristic computer
> model that is orders of magnitude beyond the Internet. To be completely
> honest with you, I have often noticed aging yuppies up on the New York
> Times and not so much on computers use this terminology. It's glam
> direct from Madison Ave.

Forgive me if I have offended your sensibilities with my casual reference
to (the "C" word). Clearly, you are not an aging yuppie. However I will
hazard to mention that such derogatory comments are even less appropriate
to this forum than my initial, well-intended response to Mr. Brinegar's
request for information.

I'll certainly think twice before responding to the list again.
Mission accomplished.

Gary Zimmerman Hmmph! (sniff) || If you don't know what
Internet: garyzim -at- inference -dot- com || you're talking about,
Voice : 310-322-0200 x122 || talk about it ALOT.