Re: We have a current job opening for a techwriter

Subject: Re: We have a current job opening for a techwriter
From: Philip Bernick <philip -at- MTL -dot- CL -dot- NEC -dot- CO -dot- JP>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1993 15:57:13 JST

Hmmm...

> InSource Recruiters specializes in placing bright software engineers
--lots deleted

I have two comments about this post. First is the request for resumes
to be sent via email (in ascii) but no email address to send them to.

> E-MAIL RESUMES ARE ENCOURAGED. E-MAIL COSTS NOTHING TO SEND AND TAKES
> LESS THAN A MINUTE TO SEND. ASCII ONLY PLEASE.

Second is this (oft repeated) suggestion that email is free. I realize
that some people don't pay for email, but here accounts are billed 120
yen per kbyte or portion thereof for outgoing email. That is real
money, not virtual money, and doesn't fall within my definition of
free.

I guess I have a third comment, and that is that I see this post at
least three times a week which seems like a lot of wasted bandwidth to
me.

philip

--Intoxicating at any magnification, Mandelbrot #5 is a complex
scent... calculated for today's complex woman... more than
mysterious, she's got chaos at her fingertips... mONDO
Philip Bernick philip -at- mtl -dot- cl -dot- nec -dot- co -dot- jp