Re: [BERKESM -at- a1 -dot- osti -dot- gov: quotation marks and end punctuation]

Subject: Re: [BERKESM -at- a1 -dot- osti -dot- gov: quotation marks and end punctuation]
From: Peter Montgomery <MONTGOMERY -at- CAMINS -dot- CAMOSUN -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1993 15:55:30 -0700

> Date: Mon, 10 May 1993 17:51:20 -0300 (BST) Thus spake Andrew Shires
<andrews -at- HARLEQUIN -dot- CO -dot- UK>

AS>In the UK, the `logical placement' method seems to have been the
AS>standard practice for a long time. (See _Hart's Rules for Compositors
AS>and Readers at the University Press, Oxford_, 39th Edition.) As a UK
AS>reader, it's bizarre to read of a system that doesn't take account of
AS>context.

With all respect to those who for good reason feel compelled
to respect the Chicago Style authority, it looks to me like
said authority needs to update itself, and should be told so.
Type settin' ain't what she uster be!

Peter
* Peter Montgomery Montgomery -at- camosun -dot- bc -dot- ca *
* Exitus effigium effigies exituum *