Re: primitive mail handling software

Subject: Re: primitive mail handling software
From: Ad Aerts <ad -at- AASUP -dot- NL>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1993 00:30:03 MET

Vicki Rosenzweig <acmcr!vr -at- murphy -dot- uucp> writes:

> I don't know if this will work on VMS, but it might help the

VMS Mail isn't all that primitive. If I recall correctly (haven't been
using VMS for years) VMS Mail will allow you to compose a message with
an editor if you use mail commands like SEND with the option /EDIT.
For example:

MAIL> SEND /EDIT in%"aerts -at- aasup -dot- nl"

I really wouldn't want to send e-mail messages without being able
to review and edit them.

Adrian.

--
ad -at- aasup -dot- nl