Technical Communication Degree - multimedia work

Subject: Technical Communication Degree - multimedia work
From: John Sanders <SANDERS_J -at- TBOSCH -dot- DNET -dot- GE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1993 14:56:50 EDT

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post about multimedia curriculi
and related topics. There seem to be a number of good programs out there,
though the one that caught my eye was sent to me by Jeff Hibbard (Thanks!)
concerning RPI (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute). I will briefly outline
what he sent, and say that I have considered RPI before and have heard some
very good things about its Technical Communication program.

Master's and PhD available for technical communication equivalent degree(s)
(they're name is different).

They do very sophisticated work in graphics and multimedia. I believe they
have a media lab similar to the one at MIT.

Contacts: Dr. Merrill Whitburn, head of the Dept. of Language, Literature, and
Communication. Also Dr. Bob Krull in LLC, who might have more time to talk.

Mr. Hibbard was practically effusive concerning the merits of RPI, and from
what I've heard, there are a lot of similar supporters.

I live very close to RPI, and I'm going to go searching for more information,
so I will keep everyone informed. I do know that RPI has some teleconferecing
courses, though this may only be with IBM employees, and only for certain
subject areas.

-John Sanders-
-GE/Schenectady-

To err is human, to err all over 258 pages is computer.