Re: Who's a pro?

Subject: Re: Who's a pro?
From: david tillyer <DATCC -at- CUNYVM -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1993 09:07:12 EDT

Responding to Mark Levinson's comments on professionalism and professional
status, I recall ten years or so ago telling software authors (educational
programs) that, while their software was certainly professional, it just
wasn't, well, commercial! What I felt constituted commercial quality I
conveniently cannot recall, but it seemed to lack a certain polish. Some
may say that that was my job as a software developer. To get back to
Mr. Levinson's point, however, I think professionalism is more than just
getting paid for something. David Tillyer, CCNY