Re: A usage question

Subject: Re: A usage question
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1993 09:34:23 EDT

I don't think I would use "software" as you suggest, or any of
the others...in the analogous cases, I'd be more likely to say
something like "the silverware patterns clash" or "those forks
don't go together" (assuming I cared enough), not "one silverware
conflicts with the other." I might say "This new silverware conflicts
with Grandman's silverware," but that's a mass noun again.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com